APPLY TO BE AN IRON MENTOR
Many youth today are lacking a stable support system in their life. The Iron Mentoring Program exists to provide youth (Grades 6-12) with a positive adult role model, empowering the student to reach his/her full potential. The mentor's role is to engage relationally, invest spiritually, and keep the student accountable to a higher standard of living. Time and time again we have seen youth grow educationally, socially, emotionally and spiritually due to this relationship with their Iron Mentor.
Requirements of an Iron Mentor:
- Attend weekly ISI meeting 2 times each month.
- Meaningful point of contact with Mentee 2 times each month. (Phone call, face-to-face, text message, weekly ISI meeting)
- When mentor attends an ISI event or weekly meeting, assists with transportation if needed.
- Communicate with Mentee and Parents (remind about events, situations that involve parental consent).
- Attend annual training meeting.
- Meet Mentee and Parents/Guardians at Back To School Party or other time scheduled by TM Staff.
- Commit to one school year (September-May).
The role of an IRON Mentor may also include:
- Allowing the student to be a part of your daily life
- Helping the student with school work
- Sharing meals with the student
- Engaging God’s Word together
- Supporting the student in extra-curricular activities