Many youth today are lacking a stable support system in their life. The IRON Mentoring Program exists to provide urban youth (Grades 6-12) with a positive adult role model, empowering the student to reach his/her full potential. The mentors role is to engage relationally, invest spiritually, and keep the student accountable to a higher standard of living. Time and time again we have seen youth grow educationally, socially, emotionally and spiritually due to this relationship with their IRON Mentor.
An IRON Mentor may include:
- Allowing the student to be a part of your daily life
- Helping the student with school work
- Sharing meals with the student
- Engaging God’s Word together
- Supporting the student in extra-curricular activities